PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh Airport, could it be any worse?
Old 2nd Aug 2017, 12:58
kkbuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edinburgh Airport, could it be any worse?

I have had the misfortune to use the services of Edinburgh Airport several times in the last few months but last Saturday, 29th of July, was a prime example of the disorganisation that exists at this site. I arrived at the check-in desks for the Vueling flight to Alicante and took my place in the queue about fifth from the front. The queue was in line with check-in desk 11 and there were two operatives at desks 10 and 11. Shortly a member of staff decided that there should be two queues and rigged a barrier, directing my wife and myself into this new queue opposite desk 12. After a period of around ten minutes this same operative opened desk 9 leaving the queue at desk 12 with the task of crossing the queue at desks 10 and 11. This was objected to most vociferously by the occupants of that queue who perceived myself and others from desk 12 to be 'queue jumpers' However, having crossed over to desk 9, on arriving there the culprit decided to move the operative from gate 10 to gate 9 (necessitating a logging out and logging in process) whilst she went and opened gate 12!
On getting by the grumpiest security staff in the known world we decide to have some refreshments. The floor of the cafe area was sorely in need of deep cleaning, the tables covered in crumbs, as were the seats and of course the previous occupants discarded litter. As a Scot I am ashamed to think that this airport will be viewed by overseas visitors as a lasting memory of Scotland.