PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job in USA as a European?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2017, 12:34
MaverickPrime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi folks, just fishing for answers.

My girlfriend/wife to be has always dreamed of working in the US and she can easily get a job and visa there if she really wanted to. She would then be able to claim a visa for me apparently. Saying all that, if she was to head off to the US it would probably be a year from now at the very least until she would be settled there. I mainly asking these questions for her sake. I don't really care where I live as long as I can make a career as a pilot. She is happy to live in Europe, but its still her dream to be in the USA.

I am very ignorant of aviation in the USA in general, I know very little about it to be honest. My situation currently is that I am 26, UK citizen and a University graduate with Honours degree. I already have my PPL and I am in the middle of my commercial training here in the UK. My plan is to finish training and look for employment in a European airline.

I am aware of the FAA 1500 hour rule, as a rookie that is something that would put me off starting my career in the USA.

Anyhow, can some of the wise and experienced guys give me a rundown on my options if I was to make the move to the USA? What would I need to do/could I do? Would I be better trying to build up a few thousand hours on a 737/320 here in Europe before thinking about the USA?

Thanks

MP