PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lloyd Aviation Fleet
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2017, 10:40
Cravenmorehead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes Lloyds were a pretty diverse company. The Santos contract was secured in 1983(?) I think, from the then Ansett Airlines of South Australia. They Used VH-LAR a Fokker F28-4000 It ran Adelaide to Moomba and Jackson. The contract called for aircraft to be based in Moomba. They had a Cessna 206 on seismic work and the 402 running between Moomba and Jackson. The Citation flew between Brisbane and Jackson as part of that contract. They also had a bandit up in Moomba on the odd occasion, if my memory serves me right. They tried RPT out of Adelaide with the Bandits but it was not very successful.
The Nord Mowhawks were a bit of a disaster really. They are either on poles, in museums or sunk as reefs off the QLD coast. They had three. The idea was to do RPT up the QLD coast it was not successful either.
The company also had a very large chopper presence eventually sold to either a Canadian company or the Brits.
Lloyds was a great company and Guy Lloyd and his wife Adele terrific people to work for.
It was succeeded by a greater company NJS.