PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Ryanair
Thread: Joining Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2017, 16:11
SID PLATE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by samca
Yes please I want to know the authentic soul of the best trainers like you guys!
Last post from me on this ..
The "authentic soul" (?) of most RYR trainers is that they want trainees to succeed. If a trainee doesn't make the grade after the usual number of sectors, and if that trainee has potential, they will be given extra training to bring them up to standard.
The command course failure rate is low. Guys generally fail not because they can't handle the aeroplane, or because they don't know, or follow, the SOP's, but because they can't manage the flight.
The training department won't put you on a command course for a number of reasons. It's nothing to do with a conflict of personality between you and your Base Captain, or between you and the training department. It's more to do with if they think you have a chance of passing the course. If they don't, they will give you more time to work on your operation, or your attitude. A command course, even in Ryanair, is not an automatic right even for someone who's been in the RHS for 'two years'.
RYR's SOP's aren't difficult. You might argue that some are unnecessary, (I would..) and some are marginally stupid. They won't, however, kill you. If the company which pays you wants you to operate in a certain way, then why not just do it ?
You claim to know, and follow the SOP's. Half your battle is won then. You might want to address the other half and ask yourself if your attitude might be the problem? If so, consider doing something about it.
Good Luck.