PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair passengers are taking the piss
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2017, 12:50
HamishMcBush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Handluggage - a bit of an enigma. I am sure that we would al want to travel with our bags with us for (1) the peace of mind we get from knowing that they haven't been lost or sent to the wrong place and (2) no queueing to reclaim bags from the carousel after the flight.

No doubt the airlines would like no hand luggage at all to make boarding/unboarding as swift as possible but we all like to have "stuff" with us. On more than one occasion my wait to reclaim a bag from the carousel has been longer than the flight duration, hence I personally prefer to take hand luggage only - if some are using the legitimate advertised allowance for children, what's the problem?

I think the whole baggage thing needs a review, maybe planes even need re-designing to make it easier for large baggage items to be loaded and unloaded with their passengers, but then you face the airports where there are thousands of metres between terminal and the plane - how would the not-so-strong-and-fit cope? However staying with your luggage all the way to the plane means less chance of people boarding without their luggage, or luggage having to be unloaded as its owner failed to board. It would also mean the end to baggage halls and an end to theft by baggage handlers; just need a mind-shift in the brains of a few thousand people world-wide.....

Last edited by HamishMcBush; 1st Aug 2017 at 12:51. Reason: Famous typos strike, yet again