PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2017, 12:35
pezetaroi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eagle:

Of course I'm aware that we do not have a union and that as expats, our job is always on the line, I refer to the "Vietnamisation" of VNA, where in a few years from now, their plan is to have a 100% local pilot base. Few of the aviators currently flying here have been a part of the company for more than eight years, which I highly doubt any of us will achieve, due to the mentioned fact. On my experience, as long as you follow SOPs and do not have a major incident, you will be out of trouble. Chinese/ME companies are much more strict than VNA and I do appreciate the fact of working on a more "relaxed" atmosphere. I am not speaking against VNA or there future plans for us, that is the way it is and I fully take responsibility of my decision of joining here. But I also know that the clock is ticking and I wouldn't recommend to join now, because I highly doubt that they will need us in five years from now.

About becoming and expat, well, I would very probably still be flying in my unionized legacy airline at home if it hadn't gone bankrupt.