PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trumps Bars Transgender From Military
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2017, 05:05
Trim Stab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KenV
Oh my.
1. Your first "scientific fact" (regarding black IQ) is bunk and even if correct (which it is not) is irrelevant. It doesn't take a lot of IQ to serve in countless positions in the military.

2. The suicide rate of transgenders is some 50 times higher than the general populace. That's a scientific fact. Such mental/emotional instability in a highly stressful combat environment has a huge effect on service qualification.

And on the subject of "scientific justification to exclude" people from service, please inform us why this list of hundreds of medical conditions are "scientific justification to exclude" people from military service while transgenderism is not.
I gave you the link to the wikipedia article on "race and IQ". Seems like you deliberately chose to ignore science and research and stick with your bigoted and ignorant views.

US Army average IQ of new enlisted men is 105. Average IQ of population as a whole in USA is 99. I strongly disagree with your assertion that many jobs in the military do not require much intelligence.

It is true that transgender people have high suicide rates - but that is because they are excluded from mainstream jobs and society by people who share your views. Many end up as sex workers and drift into downwards from there. More enlightened countries (Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand) recognise this and have strongly encompassed non discrimination policies - including in the military - without any problems whatsoever.