PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2017, 21:38
southside bobby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pamann...I viewed from afar the foundations being prepared...I think even then to mothball..but that was a long long time ago..Some of the apron was constructed for it & is used as remote parking obviously...BAA had permission to bring it to fruition but obviously never did.I remember a dispute tho about eventual pax access to it as Ryanair were earmarked to use it at that time & local planning & BAA wished to install moving walkways as it is quite some distance from the terminal itself but needless to say Ryanair were happier for the customers to walk.. SAT 2 within my progress around the SAT`s always appeared woefully underused certainly in my time but is/was a split level operation too with Domestics below & the top level International...International in SAT2 was eventually mothballed in the traffic low point before BAA relinquished ownership...So no the only claim I can make is it`s part of the agreed planning permission to 35M...but a lot of thinking (even worldwide) concerning movement thru terminals has changed I guess in the meantime...The latest announcement of the new Arrivals Terminal was a complete surprise & perhaps all thought concerning flow is in the mix...Tho still got to get the pax across the tarmac to the a/c I guess...remote boarding was never in use...it was only remote parking....