PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security Anomalies
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2017, 21:27
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But Mr Laarbruch, the "standard" rules are different at every airport in Britain. With one exception of one UK airport, I typically find UK security staff unpleasant and offensive. I fully understand they have "rules" and they base everything they do upon these rules that without exception they claim are standard across Europe. That is clearly incorrect. An example can be seen when armed police officers pass through security. At some airports they are patted down. Why? to check to make sure they are not carrying prohibited items airside, like liquids. At some airports they are not. Some airports insist on local passes for police, others don't. Every airport is different. Then they assume I should know what the "rules" are "because I should know better" yet the rules are not published, presumably for "security reasons". So exactly how should I know which rules apply at which airport for the shift that is actually on? The icing on the cake is that you have no comeback. Unlike the police, civil servants, hospital staff etc. airport security staff appear to be answerable to nobody.

So please don't think for one minute I don't want security. But I'd like pleasant people sticking to one consistent set of realistic and practical rules. I don't think that is too much to ask.