PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2017, 20:47
southside bobby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LAX LHR...V true but if you "read between all the lines" (some feature on the MAN thread) that self same company running both STN & MAN are being (it appears) politically expedient concerning issues say with Government & relevant departments & ministers...& are playing the long game,silent mainly in public concerning criticism, as they still believe/realize that STN could still be the huge prize.....V true MAN capable of 55M perhaps even now & that is with 2 full length R/W`s..( but with inadequate compatability)...STN is as we have stated 44.5M with max use of a single R/W...With 2 & operating entirely independently STN would be out there...MAG`s intention is to seek that 2nd RW & I know yes = a v long game..I take the point concerning diversity but does no one consider MAG are v aware of it too & always have been...A clue MAG are prepared to be bold is Jet2 arriving...now a lot of commentators would have declared you cannot do that/should not do that because of "upsetting" the incumbents...but that masterstroke appears to be coming off v well..The beauty of having a MAN owner is they have as you say the diversity on the doorstep...so forming further working partnerships outside of MAN too would be perfectly reasonable to expect... .LoCo as you state but STN is also a London area airport,obviously the largest market certainly in Europe...Time will tell but yes I remain confident.....Both have v busy futures tho))