PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can't believe I'm asking this
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2017, 13:20
JustOneMoreQuestion.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote
As for the original question, it really worries me if new-ish PPLs feel they can't ask something here for fear of being thought stupid. Also the way responders jump to conclusions...he doesn't know what controlled airspace is, arghhhh. That wasn't what he said! He knew you didn't go through it without permission. That is not the same as knowing why specifically that bit of airspace is controlled, which struck me as what was being asked...or it could be. People learn by asking questions. Those of us who know should be willing to answer them. That way someone learns more. And if his initial training wasn't that brilliant - well, mine wasn't either, and I filled in the gaps later on, BY ASKING QUESTIONS. That's what these forums are for, at least partly. Well, they were in the dim and distant past when I used to come here frequently, and they should be. If not, them I'm leaving for another few months or years.][/quote]

Absolutely, thank you Whirly

Crash One. I hear what you're saying, but I promise it's the truth. We went up 2 lessons before my test (which had already been booked). I was asked to do some RNAV once we were in the air, and when I asked him what to do, he realised we hadn't touched on it in the aircraft. I meant 1st time pass rate, rather than just general pass rate.

I'm moving 350 miles tomorrow, and will be finding a new flying club where I will be asking lots of questions before I do more flying. I am under no delusions that I need more training before I do more flying, but with time being quite limited, if I can ask questions on here and find out more, it'll save me valuable time at the instructor that I'll be paying for.

Thank you