PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bear Grylls & Helicopters
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2017, 10:20
Homsap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hughes500

Safety culture changes for example these days common sense most people wear cycle helmets, seatbelts in cars, the point I was making I do not think BG demonstrates best practice, and why put children at risk purely to boost his ego and TV entertainment. It is only a matter of time before BG causes a fatality.

Thank you assuming my level of experience as a mountaineer, in relation to your points:

(a) I see no point in free climbing, why take the risk of death or spending the rest of your life in a wheel chair. Scrambling is another thing.

(B) & (C) I have to say many year ago in my university days, I recall abseiling down the Cinque Dita from a single belay on a 11mm rope, as it was the only the recover the rope. It's not something I would do these days. To add when I last took my tenage son climbing it was two 9mm and multiple two plus belays. It nothing to do with health and safety, its more about common sense, good practice and a duty of care to my son, his siblings and mother.

But, Hughes500 the question I was asking was with an engine failure on a twin trubine helicopter in a hover can you maintain height????