PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus
Thread: Astraeus
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2003, 05:15
CrashDive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tails,

I've checked my log book and ( whilst this was when I was with GoFly ) in my first 100 hours of flying the B737 I did 53 sectors, operating ( on numerous occasions ) in / out of the following airports : Barcelona, Bologna, Cambridge, Copenhagen, Edinburgh, East Midlands, Faro, Lisbon, Lyon, Madrid, Milan, Munich, Prague, Stansted, Venice, and Zurich - i.e. 16 different international airports ( albeit that it could have included any on the companies network ) !

Of course with Astraeus one could expect to venture much further afield than the above, rather boring ( imho ), destinations - albeit at the time it certainly was rather exciting !

Also, aside from what you might think, it is very likely that a 'full-time' / experienced Astraeus pilot might well find themselves bounced off a trip in favour of it being assigned as training sectors ( e.g. for for a Bond trainee ) - wherein please remember that training sectors nearly always take precedence over normal 'line' flights - in almost any airline - and so in certain instances Astraeus pilots might well find themselves sitting at home in the summer season - this in conjunction with the head-count planning issue, which I mentioned in my post at the top of this page.

And w.r.t. enjoying training them, I can't comment - as I'm not employed either by the airline's training department or Bond - I'm simply trying to say it as it is and as I see it.