PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2017, 20:07
Concours77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With great respect, commercial jet aircraft are indeed tested, laboriously and especially in this region.

Approach to Stall cannot, must not be left untested, nor can an aircraft be certified to carry passengers without demonstrating standard recovery responses.

It could be suggested that seven seconds past loss of AP began the long approach to the Stall, a Stall which is unlike other aircraft, and in no way "standard".

In the eight years and change since this horrific accident, literally all the discussion here is limited to hind sight, sensitive ego, and grandiosity.

The data is clear, but its impact on the crew virtually unknown.

Instead of a curiosity about how this aircraft entered and stubbornly sustained a docile and passive Stall, the "analysis" is quite limited in scope.

No discussion of the certification of AB FBW, and how they achieved a waiver of safety devices? Shaker? Pusher? No discussion of what the flight path result derived from related to handling in LOC (gentle? No natural Nose Down, etc.)

No review and analysis of Mr Winnerhofers video of the AB Stall training video?

Crickets.

It is troublesome, the willingness to post "Don't go there....it's futile..."

Futility was in evidence in their descent, with ten thousand hours, collectively, of Time in Type?

But you are correct, it is futile, and I've completed my responsibility....

Thank you for your patience, and kindness in responding to my concerns....