PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair passengers are taking the piss
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2017, 10:04
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If hi-speed trains, especially on the continent, could come down to LoCo prices, it would be a huge bonus and unlimited bags. Perhaps the same is true in UK. The case now is that from where I live to some sunnier climes by train = the price of petrol in my car. Plus, as there s no direct link the door-door time is about the same. Thus 2 people plus all the junk is a no brainer. Minus the junk, and flying + car rental is much cheaper. A great shame as long distance train travel can be a joy.

For the one-bag LoCo's the argument for arrival shopping is strengthened. They did try to ween pax off hold baggage for the airline's benefit. They even sold their own cabin bags, but then realised they could fit only 60% of a full load in the hat-bins. As these bags do not fit under the seat it is natural for the pax to say that a cabin bag can go in the locker and the shopping bag/computer can go under the seat, especially as many pax use their computer during the flight. If their is not enough room for the airline's own cabin bag, and it goes in the hold for free, that's not a pax problem. All the cabin crew baggage, and safety equipment, taking up lockers doesn't help. Perhaps lockers need redesigning for the modern world.

Last edited by RAT 5; 30th Jul 2017 at 10:15.