PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New trailer is out for Dunkirk.
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2017, 07:03
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_R
I'm young enough that 60s railway carriages were significantly out of use before I became a regular train rider, and it jarred with me too. It looked wrong and I suspect it would be seen as looking wrong by many people without direct experience of 1940s or 1960s trains.

It looked to have the same issue as Top Gun in that some of those engagements were very close for a very long time without significant exchange of fire. Also, the maneuvers executed by the aircraft involved seemed very gentle and undemanding, compared to real world gun camera footage of the time...
Oh well, looks like I'd better wait a few years until the computer graphics enhanced version comes out... actually, in a few years me video player would probably be so good that I could specify the train seats are apolstered in lion skin and it'd probably look real...

From talking to a couple of the WW2 old timers they reckon we is lucky to not have smello-vision in the cinema because apparently that's what a lot of the combatants remember all to well..