PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 29th Jul 2017, 06:49
DaveReidUK

Received 206 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Airbubba
As for the tower calling the go-around, we'll see, as one news report put it, emphasis mine:
The Transportation Safety Board of Canada said in its initial report that the Air Canada pilot did not begin his “go-around” until the air traffic controller told the pilot to pull up.
Yes, but that quote is just plain wrong.

The TSB's initial report said the opposite, making it clear that the ACA was already climbing and had overflown all 4 aircraft on the ground by the time the controller instructed the GA. If that report has been contradicted by any subsequent update from the TSB, I haven't seen it and there has certainly been no reference to it on here.

See also my previous comments about that graphic that crudely attempts to synchronise the ADS-B plot and the LiveATC recording. FlightAware should know better than to try to do that, though to be fair their analyst does caveat his analysis with "if everything lines up with my data and the timestamp from the audio" (it clearly doesn't).

Originally Posted by Airbubba
Whether AC 759 initiated the go around before or after the ATC call, 100 feet AGL is way too low to figure out they were over the taxiway.
No argument there.