PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More than half UK international airports lack free drinking water fountains
Old 28th Jul 2017, 10:00
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ExXB
If nowhere else convenient go to the loos and fill up your bottle from the sink faucet. Same water that the drinking fountain, or the bars, would give you.
The problem with that is that at all the UK airports I can think of, the faucet outputs are mixed (hot and cold stream) so not certain I'd like to drink the warm stuff as it's most likely supplied from a tank. That in addition to them being automatically activated - it's hard enough sometimes getting the things to dispense water to rinse hands and I suspect attempting to fill a water bottle would be quite tedious.

PAXboy
If i recall correctly, many of the US airports are owned and run by their local State?
Quite, or by the city or municipality served in the case of a number of large US airports hence my comment about civic mindedness; I'm not a huge fan of most large US airports but there is something about them that makes them a little warmer than most UK ones.

One thing that I find particularly irksome, and especially at LHR is the cash only National Express hotel shuttles; I have occasional need to use airport hotels around Heathrow outside of work and seldom carry cash or change around these days. I can't think of any hotel I have used in recent years elsewhere in the EU that charges for transfer from or to the airport yet I must pay up to GBP7 to travel in a bus that usually makes multiple stops to reach my destination; I'm a local but how many visitors who have just stepped off of an aircraft from outside of the UK have cash to pay for this service? The busses are normally packed so the answer must be that they are much better prepared than I am

Last edited by Reverserbucket; 28th Jul 2017 at 10:30.