PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet "for the love of flying" DEC
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2017, 08:57
Enzo999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Explain to me why it's so ridiculous? What is it about BA that makes it the obvious choice? I agree very few people leave BA and many have come the other way and your right there must be a reason for that but I am wondering if those reasons are valid. I am not slagging BA off but I believe this debate has some real merit to it. First of all I must qualify this by saying I have no interest in long haul but there are some very genuine reasons for looking at Easy over BA.

1) EasyJet SFO salary is actually better than early year FO BA pay.
2) Work is shared evenly with no regards to seniority so you won't get shafted whilst others are laughing.
3) Command within a few years opposed to unlimited at BA.
4) The possibility of a 130k package within 2 years a figure that you might never reach under PP34.
5) Very few night stops.
6) constant 5 on 4 off roster.
7) No inequality in contracts and lifestyle.
8) opportunity for a regional base and not working from LHR.
9) You might get a weekend off.
10) you won't spend 25% of your year on reserve.

On the plus sides of BA.

1) Better pension (not much though espically if your on a captains salary after 2 years)
2) You get to say "I work for BA"
3) Option for LH

I appreciate a lot of the issues at BA are resolved with seniority but the question is are you prepared to wait 10 years to build up enough seniority to make your life decent. I also see that Easy has a lot of faults but I think it's incredibly arrogant to say this debate is stupid. BA is not the company it was T and Cs are no better than anyone else, moral is low, work live balance is terrible and recruitment has ground to a halt and with Brexit those at the bottom might be there for a long long time, I think maybe you are stuck in the past and can't see past the glory days Concorde has gone and BA are no different to Easy, this debate is real and deserves some respect.

Last edited by Enzo999; 28th Jul 2017 at 09:25.