PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 28th Jul 2017, 00:58
underfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no doubt this procedure works great when competently flown in an airplane with a GPS FMS. I have to wonder about D/D/IRU, though. The industry learned the hard way to require GPS for TSO-C-129 RNAV instrument approach procedures.
Concur, why have the FMS Bridge Visual with waypoints in the FMS, and then basket case it to DME? If you dont have GPS, use the Quiet Bridge Visual.

But, there doesn't seem to be any requirement to require use of GPS is the critical DME(s) is (are) off the air.
According to the plate it is DME et al OR GPS, so if DME is down you have to use GPS.

If the DME is down, and you dont have GPS, I guess it is the 28R ILS or the 28R visual approach.

It's still published. Unless your provider is a commercial operator that operates into KSFO, it won't be in the charts or the database.
Well, yes and no, it is for approved operators only (and approved crews) It will be in your FMS if your airline is approved. As a Special Instrument Approach, it is not 'published' in the public domain. (and now not AC!)

RNAV-Pro...and not even a thank you...jeez