PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perth to Lismore FPR
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2017, 21:14
peter2480

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by outnabout
I agree with Flying Binghi - is there a time limit here? (You would be amazed by what you can pack in).

Kalgoorlie - tour of the brothels (don't laugh, actually a legit tour).
Forrest - Just has to be done for an overnight stop. If for nothing else, so you can walk out to the end of the runway, away from the 'town' lights, and see stars from horizon to horizon.
Nullarbor Roadhouse - 123 whales there at the minute. Read ERSA on fly neighbourly, and park at the back of the roadhouse. They've redone the rooms and the menu.
Maralinga - interesting guided tour, but get permission first. They are now in the habit of prosecuting trespassers.
Ceduna - there is no callout fee for Avgas if you refuel use an AirBP carnet or if you need help between 7am to 3.40pm on weekdays (anything else, and yes, there is a fee. Gerry111, you got a bargain - the callout fee is usually $136.40).. However, Ceduna has the best oysters in Australia, and a free ride to the pub (if you are dining / staying there). AND the front bar of the pub has both cold beer and a cracker of a view over the jetty and the bay at sunset.
Coober Pedy & William Ck - over-rated, now, in my opinion.
Leigh Creek is starting to fire up again, with a new flight training school opening in a couple of days, and the pub being done up. Avgas available (on credit card, from memory?)
Pirie vs Pt Augusta - I favour Pt Augusta. Pt Augusta has tie down points on the Northern end of the apron, Avgas, and one of the best Indian restaurants in Australia at the Standpipe.
Refuel at either broken hill or mildura, and head for Mungo Lodge for overnight. Park at the back of the lodge.
Parkes for your next stop, then Bob's your uncle.

No, I haven't looked at the aircraft range or the limitations imposed by bladders..
As always, all suggestions are recommended to be double-checked by phone calls to the relevant service providers.
Thanks outnabout. That's a great resume of options. Hey, do you know my Uncle Bob?
One of the main limitations is my mate's LongEZ and dirt/gravel strips don't go well together. However I am getting rather excited about all those places anyway so might be another trip for either my 172XP (been to NZ,both islands and back in that one) or my Trike.