PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trumps Bars Transgender From Military
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2017, 19:09
Lonewolf_50

Received 417 Likes on 260 Posts
I would like to see them try to kick me out of my military,” Staff Sgt. Logan Ireland said in an interview with Air Force Times. “You are not going to deny me my right to serve my country when I am fully qualified and able and willing to give my life.”.......
While I empathize with the Sergeant, who has been serving, there are two major red flags going up here.

1. You don't have a right to serve. (But I am glad you are serving)
2. My military? No. Our military.

Sergeant, you've got an attitude problem called "it's all about me" that is correctable with a little leadership and counselling from a senior NCO. You won't be the first nor the last service member with that problem. Solution is rather simple.
You should report to the First Sergeant to get aligned with the reality of the needs of the service. Once you've done that, I'll make the following wager: if you're a good troop and a good NCO, First Sergeant will have your back for the duration of your time in service. (And your chain of command likewise).
What sounding off like this is called is "getting outside of your lane" and is the Michael New syndrome all over again.

Overheard at the Pentagon: "We're taking orders via Twitter now?"
Yeah. The Commander in Chief lacks style.