PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Ryanair
Thread: Joining Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2017, 19:08
Vokes55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what would really help your argument is if you would talk from your own experience, and not repeat something you have heard. Have you actually worked for Ryanair, if so, for how long? Have you actually been disciplined for something, if so - for what?
It's not actually relevant that I reveal these details, but for what it's worth, I did three years at Ryanair, before moving to a real airline.

What Mach81 says about the training is also correct. During my last week in the company, I flew with two ex-trainers in DUB, who simply gave up because the standard of trainee had declined so far, and they were being pressured to sign off cadets that weren't ready. TREs are leaving left, right and centre. I was even surprised to hear the TRE from one of my old bases had left for a Chinese outfit, as he was always very pro-company on the day.

The most accurate post on this thread. What an awful place to work. Those who don't realise it probably haven't worked for any other airline before.
This. Having left and joined a company that respects its individuals, it is actually embarrassing to think that some people believe Ryanair is a career airline. The airline is the driving force behind the lowering of T&Cs across the industry, and anybody who goes there with the intention of doing anything other than getting enough hours to get out is a disgrace to the profession.