PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - interpreting component remaining times
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2017, 12:34
bluesafari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reely340
First of all I have not come across the term TCI, please advise on that.
I assume you are installing (for whatever reason) an MRGB with a TBO of 1200 hours of which 200 hour has been used so far in another installation, you then install in an aircraft with 6000 total aircraft hours, am I correct so far? Then the MRGB is due for overhaul at 7000 total aircraft hours. A complication maybe that a component in that MRGB has a different TBO or service life to the MRGB assembly that requires removal from the aircraft to go to a repair facility, that component will be overhauled and the MRGB is then refitted, and the MRGB will still be due at 7,000 aircraft hours. There will probably be components in the MRGB that have service life limits or different TBO. You need to check all component times in connection with MM and the component log cards. You should also be aware that some inspections are part of AD or SB issues, and are not yet part of the MM. All components that have a service life limit will be on the 'life limited' list which should be in the Technical Log.
All components that have an overhaul or inspection interval, will be detailed in the MM chapter 5, chapter 4 will detail airworthiness limitations (service life limits)
Ref your clutch; am not sure what is happening here, when you say TCI do you mean TSI (time since inspection). Remember overhaul and inspection have different definitions. Service life means just that, when a component reaches its ‘service life limit’ it must be replaced, not overhauled or inspected.
Drop me PM if you like, I may be able to help more with a phone call.
bluesafari