PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2017, 07:53
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Officer Kite
I'm interested if any of you back in the day were handed a place on a cadet course leading to employment with BA, would you have rejected on moral principle and out of respect to those who were applying via direct entry? I think not ... I look through historical posts through some people in this thread and find a couple from earlier days regarding flight training, the likes of CTC/OAA et al being discussed etc etc ... yet now integrated schools producing cadets are the dark enemy?
If you are in any way referring to me I'd suggest you look where I went after Oxford. I took a job with Flybe where I paid nothing for a type rating, joined the company on the proper First Officer pay scale, expenses paid during training and didn't undermine anyone to get my first job. I made a conscious decision before I even started training that I would never go to Ryanair out of pure principle. I also turned down the chance to apply for the APPFO Plus scheme at easyJet. Granted I got a bit lucky in that I got the only job I could have got in the circumstances but my conscience is clear thanks.