PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2017, 19:06
davidjpowell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Barnstable
Cheers, surprised that there is no more info out there yet. They are probably still working out the schedule.

Loads of Wizz flights arrive and depart early morning and there's far fewer movements in the afternoon. I can understand the thinking in taking the bus down Bawtry Rd instead of the motorway. That way it will also offer a fast journey time into Sheffield from the Rotherham suburbs.

There will also be a lot more people living and working in the DSA area in the future - I think I read somewhere that Amazon plans to create 1500 jobs at the iPort - so maybe a stop at Rossington / Parrot's Corner is also envisaged. It could also potentially serve the Yorkshire Wildlife Park but that would involve a detour on minor roads.

If the bus left the M18 at J1 and carried on to Sheffield city centre via Wickersley, Bawtry Rd and the Parkway with, say, two stops in Rotherham and a stop at Parrots Corner Park and Ride, I imagine the total journey time would be around 45 minutes.

The existing public transport option - the train from Midland to Donny Interchange followed by a switch to the existing Donny-DSA bus - takes about an hour if timed well.
Yorkshire Wildlife Park have bought some more land and are putting £50 million in the pot. The new scheme see's a new entrance coming towards Hurst Lane. The initial draughts are showing a new road in from a dedicated junction on the link road. Can't wait as all the traffic currently runs on a road behind our garden.