PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No wheels touchdown AA at JFK
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2003, 17:13
Gaza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jungly - There's another bandwagon along in a minute, you can jump on that one too.

One passenger, Betty Micharski, 69, of Trenton, N.J., who lost her brother in a 1993 airplane crash, said passengers and crew members were clearly frightened as the plane descended into New York without its full landing gear.
Would your arse not be flapping a little?

Passenger Lisa Larson of Dallas called the mood inside the plane "very controlled."
Did the jorno twist this? Maybe she acually said everyone was panicing and screaming?

"God, the crew did an amazing job," she said. "They kept us informed, they trained everyone."
Sounds like praise to me.

After the plane landed, passengers burst into applause.
Again no sign of any jorno hype.

"It appears from our initial report that this was a textbook landing considering the circumstances," Burke said.
Need I say more?

Micharski, whose brother Donald Robbins of Williamstown, N.J., died in a 1993 crash of an FAA plane in Front Royal, Va., said she thought of him yesterday, but vowed the incident wouldn't deter her from flying in two weeks. She's bound for Germany, in time for Oktoberfest.
Says it all.

To me this was an un-hyped accurate piece of reporting. Car to say what you saw wrong in the report? Perhaps you think any incident involving aviation should be censored.