PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2017, 18:46
mmb327

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RLYVR
Hi everyone,

I've got a few questions related to the cadet program. I'm 21 years old and recently graduated with a diploma in Airport Operations, I'm extremely interested in applying for the cadet program as soon as possible however I need some information first.

1. I'm a Canadian born citizen with no ties to HK or China, is there any way I can apply for an HKID to qualify for the cadet program ?

2. I'm having difficulty differentiating between right of abode and HKID, I'm assuming they go hand in hand ?

3. If I cannot obtain the right of abode prior to application is there any other ways of successfully joining without going through the advanced entry program ?

Thanks kindly,
RLYVR
Hello there,

1) To gain a HKID card you need to have lived in Hong Kong for 7 years.

2) HKID card is a residential card that gives you the right of abode meaning the right to live and work in Hong Kong. Without the Hong Kong Identity Card, you are not a permanent resident of Hong Kong and therefore have no right of abode. It's basically a visa card allowing you to stay in Hong Kong when you dont have a Hong Kong passport for foreigners. Whereas Hong Kong locals have it with their passports for identification purposes.

3) It seems at the moment they are only having Cadets and Direct Entry recruitment, and have heard Advanced Entry wont be for a few months least. If you have enough hours to directly join the fleet of the 747 freighter or the A330 fleet than you can try, but if not, youre gonna have to train and gather enough flying hours to be considered for CX.