PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF NCA or remain a civi ?
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2003, 16:15
Charlie Luncher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude
What no one has told you yet is that the RAF has changed over the last decade or so. The same was probably said from 1925-1935, and there are a lot of people who are not happy with the changes enforced on them. There are many truths in many of the posts above, but there are few mentions of some of the most important things, in my opinion. They are; you will do and see things that no one ever has, you will see countries nice and not so nice off the beaten track. You will also get the chance to make a difference to peoples lives. That was the most important thing to me.
I was a direct entrant and left after 13 yrs, to exploit an option that was put to me. If that option had not come up I would be in the Frozen North of Jockland still doing what I loved being part of a crew.
I was humbled and honoured to have served with some of the best people I have ever met. There will be bad days and good days if the former beomes more than the latter then move on but do so with a long term plan.
I still think I would follow the same career path and still would get in to trouble.
As for the moaning minnies above bring it on ya big bunch of girls
Standing well clear of the parapet with Brevet proudly worn on my left breast.
Charlie sends