PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can 750hrs on A320 and a total of 1000hrs find a job these days..
Old 23rd Jul 2017, 08:14
AlexanderH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ACP
You guys really have to wake up. 500hrs on type won't necessarily bring you the job. You will meet the requirements and some agencies may contact you but there are so many other factors that you may not be able to get the job. (ie: total time requirement for license validation, PIC time, successfully pass the interview or sim check, attitude, sim evaluation marks, recommandation from current employer or captains, Visa/work permit issues, background check for airport card, and so on...) PAYING FOR 500 Hrs may have worked for few guys but this is a huge investment risk and I personally know few guys who went that way and became out of currency because of a bad timing: they are still refunding their loan while pursuing an other career.
You must realise that you will always be missing something on your CV, and it will still be the case once you'll get 500hrs on type.
Market is good now, you shouldn't be in need to pay for hours on type. Move your ass and you will find a job even if it's not a jet it's ok, you will still be able to post a selfy in uniform on facebook
In my company we just started a ground school on the A330 (TR paid by the airline) the oldest guy is 25 years old, they were all flying king airs before...that was just impossible a year ago, airlines are in need of pilots and they are now decreasing their requiements, DON'T PAY FOR HOURS ON TYPE!
I have a paid flying job so don't have a go at me. 1500TT is not necessarily a must but the 500 on type usually is. That's why I said 500 is the key.