PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - old GO crew?
Thread: old GO crew?
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2003, 15:34
jmc-man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jettesen,

while I agree with your perception of NOW, I fail to understand your views on GO. They shared very few destiantions with Easy, and the only routes they pulled off were ones not operated by easy (Lisbon, Madrid).

With regard to measure of success, look at it from an investor perspective....BA invested £25M to get it started, and received £108M after in return after 3 years. 3i invested £100M+ and received £300M+ after 18 months. So someone thought it was successful, not least easyJet who were willing to pay such an exorbitant sum of money to take it out of the market. If it was as awful as you seem to think, it would have folded naturally within a short space of time......

...which takes me straight back to NOW.....

FLYMATE

How may people do you think from GO have joined NOW? Not very many. I would suggest more easyJet (and I mean original easyJet) people are looking at NOW than GO people primarily because it is Luton. As for them resisting take-overs, ultimately the founders and investors of any airline will want a return on their money. If the price is right they will sell, don't kid yourself otherwise. Not sure thats a concern NOW will have for a little while.

JMC MAN