PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2017, 15:07
Centaurus

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Centaurus continues with:

Quote:

..."Here is the story as relayed to the editor of Aviation Safety Digest, who entitled it 'From one of our readers – a valid message from the past' "...
Is this "reader" still alive ? (he'd be my age) If so, is it possible to contact him ? Googled "Aviation Safety Digest - Australia", plenty about the mag, but no contact details for it. Could "Centaurus" (or anyone else "downunder") follow this up for me, please ?
Centaurus here (in Australia). The Vengeance story was from a 1974 edition of the Australian Department of Civil Aviation flight safety magazine Aviation Safety Digest. That magazine was superseded by various other issues under a different name and is currently called Flight Safety Australia which is now digital. The format has changed significantly since 1974. Mainly gone flashier with graphics and to many of us oldies, not a patch on the former ASD. Editors have come and gone including McArthur Job who I think was the editor in 1974 and who died a couple of years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macarthur_Job

Mac would have been given the Vengeance story by its author who, if alive, would be in his mid-90's by now. Ppresumably this information would be in the current archives of the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA). PM me and I could try to find out but don't hold your breath.