PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Coconut
Thread: EK Coconut
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2017, 09:01
The Outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Old King Coal
Well my first impression of it was one of 'what a bunch of dodgy blokes', wherein: 1) an 'all male' choir? (alarm bells should be ringing); 2) that they are all 'caucasian'; and 3) they have that look of the 'evangelical' about them. Uhm, so I went and looked at their college's website and, guess what I found?... first impressions are usually correct !

Here's what it says: "Our students thrive in a Christian environment characterized by a nurturing resident faculty, an unwavering pursuit of musical excellence, a global perspective, dedication to service, and devotion to faith."

That choir were no doubt in Kenya to proselytise their 'lords word' (and imho Africa, for one, could really do without religious brainwashing - of any flavour - and the bigotry that always comes with it).

And besides, their rendition of the coconut song was ****... imho it's much better when being sung by an African choir than by a bunch of dodgy white evangelical frat boys.
The "Blues Brothers" were also on a "mission from God" once, but they sang "Sweet Home Chicago" which I think was a better choice!

However, its the Waco Texas address which is disturbing...I wonder if they heard of David Koresh?