PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2017, 07:27
barrymah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GavinC
Except that's not true. They don't allocate randomly. They allocate you deliberately into poor seats, close together, usually the middle of the three. There is nothing 'random' about it.

On my last two flights, i saw a large number of people simply swapping seats once everyone was on to sit next to the people they were flying with. At some point it's surely going to cost Ryanair time and therefore money.
Maybe I was not too clear. The implication of the press release was that the "good" seats are booked by people who pay. The remaining seats are middle, back row, etc., etc. These are allocated on a first come first served basis according to RyR.

However, there are several posts here and there saying that if you check in late, i.e. near the cut off point, you can get the expensive (e.g. leg room, first row) seats which are the slowest sales.

As to swapping seats, there is apparently an issue with this. It is believed that, in the event of an accident, identity is based on the seating data...??

One thing that I read was that allocating a seat to an under age person must be alongside an adult, is that true?