PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Europe.. Any info on how employment/contracts would work?
Old 20th Jul 2017, 23:28
gbotley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyJet Europe.. Any info on how employment/contracts would work?

As a trainee pilot mid-way through my course at one of EZY's feeder schools, the recent announcement of a new EZY AOC provides me with both relief and anxiety.

I say the former for the fact it both safeguards one of Europe's largest airlines from the bite of Brexit and also provides some security for those already working at the airline.

I say the latter as I, like many others, am now unsure of what this could mean for employability prospects at the carrier. Does anybody on PPRuNE have any internal insight into what this could mean because as I understand it employees will be transferred to new contracts under the new organisation. If my understanding is therefore correct one can hope it not end up like EZY Swiss whereby an individual requires links to the registered nation to seek employment. What's more, it's slightly more worrisome as a British national because this change has more of an impact on me than some of my French / German peers whom fit the "Right to work in the EU" bracket.

It would be great if someone could shed some light on it. I'm due to finish my course March 2018 so fingers crossed I avoid any of the true impact of employment rights stuff.

Thanks in advance chaps/ladies.