PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are you Amelia?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2017, 23:16
porterhouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by David Billings
I take it that persons interested have not had time to read and digest the website.
I read parts of it and find your theory preposterous. I am a private pilot and would not imagine flying back 750 miles after failing to find Howland and probably convinced I would find it any second. I don't believe the remaining fuel even allowed for half that distance. Here you are flying (as they were certain) in the vicinity of their destination yet all of a sudden, they decide just like that to fly over 750 miles in the opposite direction. At 7:42 by their own admission they are in the vicinity of the island (based on strength of the signal), at 7:58 their signal is really strong at 8:43 they are still around the island, if they decided minutes later to fly to Gilbert - there was simply no fuel left (the fuel was calculated to run out at around 10:00). At 7:42 Amelia is heard saying the fuel is running low, and by the way she still had about 2 hrs of fuel left. I do't think she would be complaining about low fuel if she had another 4 hrs or more fuel left (needed fuel to get to Gilbert islands). So I would say your story not only makes zero sense, numbers make no sense, it contradicts existing facts.

By the way, you are clearly at odds with another Amelia conspiracy theory peddled by so called project TIGHAR, these people at least came up with a more believable alternate destination - Nikumaroro (Gardner) Island, about 400 miles away.

Last edited by porterhouse; 20th Jul 2017 at 23:35.