PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Navajo Spar Mod - Can we drop it yet?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2017, 13:20
Lumps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, thanks to aeromariner for illumination. I didn't know the history.

So in the US are they replacing spar caps as per the Piper-approved way of extending wings for another 13,000 hours (-350)? Or just parking them as per original Piper approved method.

Just recently a ndt check was carried out resulting in cracks found in the modified spar. As a result ive been infromed that casa is now looking at the modified spar and talk is now grounding aircraft with this mod.
Why go for the red button straight away? Wouldn't it be more prudent to check other planes out first?

And I second those that have defended the J2BD, a good engine that is highly intolerant of ignorance. This ignorance was not only the throttle jockeys but also from the heavens of 'approved' sources, refer the Climb Power Leaning Chart in the AFM

100LL won't last forever, no, but I'm pretty sure George Braley has been feeding J2BDs G100UL with fine results!

And comparing PA31 to C208 was done on purpose to try and keep the 'piston twins should be banned' folks at home. A lot of good businesses come from a great idea that then earns money. Not from a lot of money looking for an idea.

RFDS didn't start out with King Airs, should they have just shelved the whole idea until they could afford them?