PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 20th Jul 2017, 11:47
BluSdUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pukingdog, Brilliant!

Portmanteu:
Indeed, the CVR is primarily the voice of the dead.
Secondarily used for cases like this.
(Mr CEO in Quatar has other plans for the future that he has experimenting with, but lets leave that one for later, but it is relevant!)

As NTSB goes , yes they shall indeed ask a lot of questions!
But do not for one second assume that they get the correct answers in a proper timeline.
I shall back off on my rather harsh description of the crew, but once parked and debriefed OPS AC should have told them to secure the CVR.

When debriefing the Crew and later the wet debrief at the hotel, after a quick call to the Union boss, I think the gravity of the case starts to sink in.

If OPS did not just DH them back to base the next day, they flew active.
Regardless, would you not think they spent a minute or 3 to go over what happened?

If the standard 2 hrs CVR was saved NTSB has a starting point at least 30min before TOD , possibly more than 1 hr. The brief would have been there.
Now they have a crew that have had a week or more to communicate to interview. With no facts to back it up.

I am not saying the crew will come with false statements or keep important details to them selves if not asked.
After all this is NTSB not the Police. And they do not know if NTSB can recover
some or all of their last conversations ( unlikely, but).

I rest assured that their right are taken care off by AC and their union.

Now , there is monumental events in aviation that leads to positive improvement or re -focus on basic skills.
This is one of them.