PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Regiment
Thread: RAF Regiment
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2017, 21:37
Corporal Clott

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I had a flick through the PPRuNe Forum Rules

We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. These rules work in conjunction with any forum-specific rules as well as the site's Terms & Conditions.

(In no particular order)

No advertising or promoting of business/commercial ventures.
No classified ads. (Either offering items or services for sale or 'wanted' items.)
No spamming.
No links to other aviation websites.
No multiple posting. (Duplicate posts in more then one forum)
No flaming/personal attacks. (Play the ball, not the player.)
No libel or defamation of character. (Be careful - libelous/defamatory posts can and have landed members in legal hot water. PPRuNe will not guarantee your anonymity in such situations.)
No racist comments.
No offensive/abusive posts.
No swearing, sexually explicit or vulgar language.
No sexually explicit material, nor links to websites containing such material.
Do not post anyone else's address or telephone number.
Do not 'out' (reveal or attempt to reveal) the identity of another poster.

Do not reveal the contents of Private Messages (PMs) in the forums.
Do not post copyrighted material for which you do not have permission.
Stay on topic.

Posts breaching any of the above will be removed and your posting privileges may be suspended or removed permanently.
My highlight in bold, but I suspect that some have nibbled on the edges of these rules.

Also, when it comes to usernames it would not be possible for LJ to change the username as it says on the registration page (again my bold).

A username is a nickname which will be visible on the forum...
...You will not be able to change your username. Do not use a username that you may need or want to change, for example, do not your current airport or location/airport code or include any part of your real name or email address, etc...
So +1 on LJ's post but who is somewhat snookered by the PPrune username rules and the gender-equality conundrum posed with the poor choice of a username chosen some years ago. It's a PPrune Catch22!