PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is getting licence in severl countries bad way to get a job?
Old 19th Jul 2017, 08:33
Will Swinburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thread creep!

]bpn333 you have to manage your thread on here if you want to get some useful answers... else you accidentally end up with others discussing specifics of licence requirements! zzzzzzzzzz.

Your question related to getting a job in an airline and if a multitude of FTOs could be detrimental. I think that's a very sensible question.

My best advice would be to imagine you're the interviewer, what skills and qualities are you looking for at interview? You're going to be looking for things like, decision making, situational awareness, leadership, management and teamwork (to get you started).

Your role in the interview is to sell yourself. What will your answer be to the question... Tell me about your training? Can your FTO hopping be sold positively? Or is the greater risk that you look like someone who is unstructured, cant stick at one or two things or fell out with your peers in each FTO?

Another consideration. Are each of the FTOs going to take you as 'their own' and assist you if they do get any airline leads? Or are they more likely to assist the students they've known for a longer period of time? Cynically - better customers.

In conclusion- for me, there is too much risk hopping around too many FTOs. 1 or 2 seems reasonable and I think justifiable. As others have suggested- just obtaining a licence, however you do it is sufficient, but who wants to graduate as being merely sufficient in an industry as competitive and volatile as ours?

But you may have a very justifiable reason for wanting to go down the route you suggested? Feel free to share and hopefully a bunch of reasonable, thoughtful posters who's goal is to share some information with you might assist