PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - News of NEO
Thread: News of NEO
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2017, 02:22
oleary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nigerian Expat Outlaw
Thought I'd resurrect this thread to inform Rotorheads that I'm going to do something completely different, a total departure from my previous life. I've decided to train as an End of Life counsellor at the hospital that treated me. One of only four in the area.

Having seen more than a few people die (previous posts on this thread refer), many of them totally alone I got to thinking there must be a lot people who are told they've reached the end of the journey and then make the trip with nobody to provide companionship/company.

I saw for myself it is entirely possible to be lonely in a crowd. After all, Consultants, Doctors, Nurses and Health Care Assistants have a job to do and can't spend time sitting with and providing support to any patients, even the terminally ill. I was lucky, my sons never left me alone.

So I'm going to be there but only if people want me to. It's amazing (and sad) how many people have no friends or family. Not their fault.

By the way, I'm still available for advisory/audit work.

NEO
Good on ya, mate. I'm Stage IV prostate cancer so I truly appreciate the value of your work.