PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 18th Jul 2017, 13:02
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A friend has just bought a new Tiguan with lots of bells & whistles. He's fawning over the reactive braking system so that you can not have a smash up with an object in front of you. He's wowing over the lane assist control if you cross the white line on the motorway. He, or his wife is, wild about the automatic park assist.
Now they're researching all these self-drive cars with auto-nav systems. Add in all the auto-brake, crz control, auto-park etc. and they are turning manual cars into an Airbus. Well let's just see where that has got us. The carnage on the roads will mean I'm staying home with everything delivered and virtual holidays via i-phone goggles and greek takeaways sitting in the Jacuzzi at 25c with a sun lamp & cold domestica to hand. One day Greece, the next Spain, the next Italy. Better sell my TUI shares.

I hope the preliminary report will be soon then we can discuss something factual.