PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 DC EMER CONFIG
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2017, 12:01
MBR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cheers, I take it you are talking about the old RAT here and the older MSN numbers? so starting with the older MSN numbers..... the RAT stalls yes, but did you used to lose the DC ESS in this condition? You used to use the DC ESS SHED yes, but I've not seen it written down that you actually lose the DC ESS BUS. Infact :-

Old FCOM 1.24.10 P 13.
"The emergency generator supplies the AC ESS BUS and the DC ESS BUS, via the ESS TR.
When the landing gear is down, the emergency generator is no longer powered, and the emergency generation network is automatically transferred to the batteries and static inverter, and the system automatically sheds the AC SHED ESS and DC SHED ESS buses."

The sentence above implies that the SHED's are lost but the AC ESS is powered via the static inverter from battery 1 and DC ESS is powered directly from BAT 2 which makes sense.

For the newer MSN numbers the original post of mine with ref to losing the DC ESS BUS at landing gear extension makes even less sense as the RAT does not stall.
I did think that maybe it was a hangup from the older design that had been left in there (but we seemed to have proved that even then we just lost the SHED buses and not actually the ESS BUSES of AC and DC)

I cant see much difference between the DC EMER CONFIG and the ELEC EMER CONFIG with regards to the configuration of the DC BUSES.
Disregarding AC1/AC2 loss in elec emer config and looking at the DC side of things you have still lost DC BUS 1/2 plus DC BAT BUS in both configurations, with the emerg gen supplying AC ESS and DC ESS.

However on the dropping of the gear in the EMER ELEC config there is no warning of loss of DC ESS BUS like there is in the DC EMER CONFIG........