PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trains to planes
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2017, 10:37
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dreaadnoult With the 99% probability of being replaced bya quite simple automatics within the next 10 to 20 years.. It's definitely oneof the most unsecure jobs.
Worth noting that there's already a lot of work being done in the field of automating commercial air traffic and lets face it, the current state of play with drone technology demonstrates that having two or even only one 'pilot' sat up the front is unnecessary save regulation and the public appetite for human crew sitting in the same machine as the passengers. A better indicator of job security and longevity might be which industry has the stronger unions and in the UK that is most definitely the railways.
Originally Posted by holding4release I often look around my office and envy people that seem to enjoy their jobs full of enthusiasm for something I struggle to get that excited about, does this happen on the flight deck?
Have a look through the Terms and Conditions thread if youwant to know the answer to that one. At the end of the day, it's a job and although from the outside flying appears exciting and attractive, once the sheen rubs off, it's all about pay, days off, rosters etc. so I suppose in that sense, it is different from office work but not necessarily in a good way. All depends on what you want out of life really.