PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bride Killed in Helicopter Crash
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2017, 10:12
aa777888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Cantrell
aa777888 - Strongly agree with crab - it's simply not the same thing. Don't think we're all picking on you, it's just this conversation resonates with a lot of us.

It's amazing how good your brain is at picking up little cues that you don't realize you're seeing. I've been flying and teaching in Robbies and Bells for 30 years and it's really scary to hear a low time guy say what you just said.
Paul--it's amazing that after all my follow up posts that anyone would think that I would intentionally fly into IMC. I never meant to imply that in any way. There must be a phenomenal number of low timers that do that, given the automatic and emotional responses to my initial post. My primary purpose in posting was simply to point out that an R44 is not uncontrollable on instruments, as some seemed to believe. I should hope that all of my follow up posts have made that clear. The replies made it equally clear that hood time didn't count as "with reference only to instruments". That was somewhat of a revelation.

I will say that I did not have huge difficulty with the simulator, either. But of course that is NO cues (not a motion simulator), not CONFLICTING cues. I would love to try the over water trick, just to experience it.