PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2017, 01:53
BusAirDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The honest answer is that it's impossible to know. If you have the spare cash, and are willing to take the risk / gamble that you might never land a job after spending close to 100.000 Euros incl. TR price, than it's worth a gamble.

Equally that you are not worried to move yourself around anywhere in Europe for that job, and accept that your pay will at best be around 1500 - 3000 Euros a month, than you need to consider if this is a career change that's worth taking.

Much depends I would say if you are in a relationship, have children, single, it all can makes things easier / more complicated. Only you know your personal circumstances.

By the time you are finish training you will probably be 42 -44, it's not impossible to get jobs, but equally it's not easy. I will never recommend P2F, but at this age, this might be your only option, but this means more money required.

I know guys who both have made it and guys who have failed. A lot comes down to luck, and the amount of money you are willing to spend. Some of these now flies for companies like BA, others have gone back to their old jobs with a 100.000 Euros or more lost.

If this money does not matter for you, than sure, give it a go, if it is something you will struggle to get, well than I would say no, because there are no well paid jobs until you have had a good FO job for another 3 - 5 years after you landed your first proper job.