PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trains to planes
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2017, 21:14
holding4release

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big thank you to all who took the time to read and reply (I have a short history of long posts)

A perhaps ambiguous although completely sincere question particularly for CV, reverserbucket and PM.

If you want to fly, do it on your days off and enjoy it!
... I often look around my office and envy people that seem to enjoy their jobs full of enthusiasm for something I struggle to get that excited about, does this happen on the flight deck? I can't imagine it but there seems to be an underlying theme on here of people who don't enjoy their flying jobs. In my mind I'm amazed that there's anyone out there who would do anything else given the time and money to invest. But I have yet to visit these 'greener pastures'. I'm all for 'flying for pleasure' but it'd be lot more convenient to be paid to do it. Plus Cessna's don't have any overhead switches which I'm guessing is your one hangup on trains CTR...
The aviation bug still bites I must admit, I don't want to get to retirement without having gotten behind the controls of a commercial jet.
Thanks for the heads up I think I know the sister forum you speak of CTR I'm a lurker there. Got an open application with a TOC at the moment told to expect an invite to an assessment day in the near future (was about 6 months ago!)Was thinking of paying to do the tests (very aviation I know). I have to say I hadn't realised the full implications of DOO, sheds a whole new light on a few recent headlines. Would be interesting to get some more insight from you....

Also would that happen to be the same plant motif you may get on a pint of caringly dispensed Guiness?