PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Regiment
Thread: RAF Regiment
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2017, 16:31
Mahogany_Bomber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the purpose of the wider discussion and without rancour, can we not simply accept the view (but not necessarily agree with it ) that some forum members believe that the RAF Regiment and other military units whose primary role is to close with and kill the enemy should retain gender as a selection criterion? And vice versa.

I'm genuinely interested in what other types of occupation or parts of life in general would proponents of the status quo consider gender inclusion/exclusion to be acceptable? How have their views been formed? Personal experience? Cultural norms? Gender stereotyping or honestly held belief that some jobs/aspects of life are better done by one gender or another?

Any links to peer reviewed research on the topic gratefully received as I seek to expand my knowledge beyond my own limited personal experience. Hopefully my username and quotes from previous posts won't be used in evidence against me! My apologies for not previously using my real name on the internet, I realise that it would only be seen by 2 billion of my closest friends. Time to go public with my real name (this feels very liberating), my parents actually named me Bamboo Bomber but I never really liked and so changed it as soon as I left home to join up. There, said it.