PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how 2 b a good passenger...
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2003, 00:25
MonarchA330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TurboJ,

If ure gonna post a message in this forum, dont ever even consider saying that cabin crew are just there to serve a meal and a few drinks.

If that was just the job, yeah, it would be very easy, ure right. But that is FAR from just what we do. Im going to be a pilot (got a place with CTC) and I started as cabin crew this summer until I go to NZ.

I initially held your same narrow minded, short sighted viewpoint of cabin crew but having done the job, I will NEVER hold the opinion that people like you still have.

Serving tea and coffee is easy, but, as people have said before, it's the pax who are rude, disruptive and who seem to go out of their way to be inconvienient that make the job as hard as it is.

The pax who dont pre order a special meal then kick up a huge fuss when there isnt one there for them on board. The pax who expect you to magic up a blanket when there are none left. Or the pax who dont even have the basic manners to pay attention to the safety briefing. We don't do it for our own entertainment.

Most pax seem to think that because we do this job, we are all thick, school drop outs etc, whereas most of the people I have flown with have degrees and are a damn sight more educated than the pax who are kicking up a fuss over nothing.

So in future when u fly, treat the crew like ud want to be treated. After all, you dont want anything unwelcome in ure food or drink, do u?

Rant over.