PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Regiment
Thread: RAF Regiment
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2017, 07:29
Brian 48nav

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Leon

I've had a long hard think about our opposing views and this 'light-bulb' moment came to me.

To SAY one prefers men only Rockapes is not an offence, it is an opinion. For the CAS or AOC RAF Regiment to say that no way will they have ladies in the Regiment is an offence.

Similarly, I am opposed to gay marriage for several reasons; it is not an offence for the many in public life who have also expressed that view, BUT if I ran a B&B or similar business and refused admittance to a gay couple, then I would be guilty of discrimination.

I always hold a door open for a lady, not always for men, does that make me a misogynist? For most of us poor old men who are not comfortable with exposing the 'nurturing' sex to front-line danger it is not because we think they are not up to the job, it is because evolution has hard-wired us into this protector role.

As an ex-nav I have seen many jibes made by the '2 winged Master Race' directed against us, the worse being 'the smell of pee from the back seat'; do I complain, NO, because I was born with a sense of humour, although the 'joke' I have mentioned is not funny at all.

As for your moniker - how about using your actual name? Here's mine again.

Brian Wildey

Last edited by Brian 48nav; 17th Jul 2017 at 07:34. Reason: Addition